Monday, September 23, 2013

First Letters Sent Home


Letter Addressed to Mom Snell
Hi Mommy!   ^^
I am so excited to be able to write home today. I have had a marvelous experience here in the MTC. Ever since you dropped me off, I have thought about you and our family. One thing I miss most is hearing Dad and Caden play the piano or marimba. When I got here, we went to a meeting with all the new missionaries and a sister played a musical number. She played Hymn #29....YUP! The exact same one that Caden played at my farewell. Anyways....
​My companion’s name is Elder Smith and he is a super awesome guy. He has a big family (7 kids including him) and he is very close to them. Turns out he is our district leader and I believe that he is the one to do it. He is so prepared and nobody can do it better than he can.
​My P-Day is on Friday, so you can predict accordingly on when I will be able to respond to any letters. I have had the time of my life here in the MTC. I enjoyed gym time yesterday. I played 4 square with my companion and a bunch of Elders and Sisters that are Korea bound. Everyone here is so nice and made me feel welcome the minute I set foot on MTC ground.
​Oh Yea....Can you send me some stamps maybe? Heh...that would be much appreciated...    :p
​I love you soooooooo much and can’t wait to tell you experiences that have (when I have any worthy of telling). I am taking pictures for you though.
​Funny story- So I go back to my room from our very first day and I see in one of the closets that someone has written in it....
​TCT
​Trash Can Time
​Put the littlest person in this room in the trash can! But do it in Lovingly!  
Carry on the tradition!
Great! I had been shoved into a trash can on my first day in the MTC. I am really feeling the Brotherly Love. Anyways, I am having a blast. Don’t worry about me getting shoved into more trash cans, because it was a once in a life time experience....I hope.
​I like the food here. It isn’t too bad but I had sweet and sour pork last night for dinner and I loved it. It reminded me of Dad and when we went to Temari’s Japanese restaurant. I have pictures of all of our family to look at and I appreciate you giving them to me. I am missing a picture of Howie and Chip though. PLEASE feel free to send me pictures of ANYTHING that is going on. Even a pic of the new Maverick.
​Let everyone know that I really don’t have much time to write them all, so it would help if you let everyone know of my stories. I miss you all and think about you every day.
​Love Your Son,
​Elder Snell
​
​

 Letter Addressed to My Superb Family
(To preface this letter, Zac LOVES paperclips and before he lefton his mission he hid several all over the house for me to find. I was so excited to find some of them yesterday and today)
I just wanted you to know that I know I am in the right place right now.
Heh..................
I love finding these (he sent a green paper clip with the letter). Le me know if you find any of mine I have strategically placedin the house. Anyways. Whenever I find a paperclip, it is Heavenly Father telling me that I am living worthily. Even better that it is Green!
My companion thinks it’s funny why I love paperclips so much. He has a lot of learning to do.
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment