Monday, January 26, 2015

35lbs Of The Word Of God

I just had to laugh at the usage of a word from Elder Snell. I was tempted to change it to a correct word but then I had enjoyed the laugh so I left it in. :) Enjoy! -Wendi

 Hey guys how are you!? First off, HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, MOMMY!!!!! Ok. Now back to the scheduled program... Well, it's a new week and I can't wait to tell you about it! Not a whole lot has happened but it's always exciting! You never know what's going to happen when you're on your mission. Alright, let's begin!

     So let's begin from the first day of the week. Monday!!! So this day was pretty sweet not only was it preparation day, (Elder Black calls it personality day) he went to the temple while I chilled here with Elder Hopkins. We went shopping and went to a member in the Haymarket ward's house, the Turnbals.  Since zone conference was the next day, Elder Cline and Elder Greenall had to get their car washed so that they wouldn't lose that car!  So we hung out there for a little, while I shot some pool and totally destroyed! We have a billiards table on the main floor at this hotel looking place we live at. It also doubles as an old person home! Old people are so nice!  Anyways so that was my Monday.

     Tuesday was zone conference! It was really awesome. We talked a lot about inviting powerfully and how to begin teaching. Of course we practice taught it was pretty fun.we had to practice teach the law chastity and invite them to live it. So here's the kicker, we had to record ourselves while we were teaching. So now I have this awesome video of me teaching the law chastity to a sister missionary that has been out for a total of two weeks. I would send it to you but it sort of long… Ha ha Ha ha ha! Oh well, it's always awesome to see President Riggs. Oh, something super awesome: Elder Rowley and Sister Miley Johnson are in my zone! Crazy Huh!? 

     The rest of the week was pretty good. I went on an exchange with Elder Cline! It was pretty sweet being his companion again. After the exchange I came back to Gainesville and partied it up with Elder Black! Speaking of Elder Cline, it's his birthday today! So be sure to wish him a happy birthday! I believe it was on Saturday, Elder Black and I went to Chick-fil-A and we found someone new to teach!  He saw us praying over our food, and asked if he could join in the prayer. He just came from Egypt and he wanted us to pray so that he will be cured from cancer. So I had the privilege of saying that pray. We give them a book of Mormon and he said he would like to read it. So we got his information so that we can give him an Arabic book of Mormon. His name is Paula. What could be better than eating a delicious deluxe spicy chicken sandwich and talking to some stranger about the Gospel? Gotta love being a missionary!

     Now for the cool part! Yesterday Elder Black and I were at church and he introduced me to someone who has every single book of Mormon in every language possible. So we set up an appointment to go over to his house to see them! We got over there and he started teaching at math and it was super sweet! He then proceeded to show us the rest of his house and then showed us his collection of copies of the book of Mormon. He told us to say a language, so I said Cantonese. He then proceeded to scandal labeled copies of the book of Mormon and pulled out the Cantonese book of Mormon! I was appalled. Not sure what appalled means but I was definitely that. And if that wasn't cool enough he showed us this giant box in the corner of his room. And you would never guess what was in that box. He had a braille copy of the book of Mormon! My mind was totally blown by that point! You would never guess how much it cost him to get it………… $3.50!!! He just called and asked for it. So cool! It comes in eight volumes! The thing probably wait about 35 pounds. So he let me pull the first volume out and start reading it! I think he was just testing me to see if I really could read braille, but I can! (I can also Speak it.) and thus ends the story of how my mind was blown!

     Well that's about it for this week! Tune in next time for when Elder Snell does a quadruple, knee-high, death-defying, super Turbo, sit up! Thanks for reading this! I love you all.

With much appall,
     ~ Elder Zac Snell :)

This note has been dictated by Siri.

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment