Monday, September 14, 2015

The Worth of A Soul

I was going to title this one "There and Back Again: An Elder's Journey" , but I decided that would be a little cliche. 

     Wow...... I honestly don't know what to write about.... Is this real? Am I really going home this week? Do I finally get to hug my family and friends who I only get to think about while in Virginia? These are the questions and thoughts that go through my head as I write this final email home. This last Sunday, we had a mission homecoming talk and they had more time than he thought. So, with ten minutes left, the First counselor asked the full time missionaries to come up and bare their testimonies. He made sure to let everyone know that Elder Scholes and I go home on Friday. We went up and had the privilege of sharing our thoughts about our missions. 
     As I spoke, I remembered a scripture that President Hogge shares with me before I left on my mission. D&C 18:10, 15-16. In these scriptures, it tells about the worth of a soul to God and how great shall be our joy if we save but one soul. That one soul, is me. This is what I testified about to our ward. Anyways... I won't spoil any of my homecoming talk. If you have any questions about any part of my mission, you can ask me on Friday or Sunday. Maybe on Saturday... 

     One of the highlights this week was goat wrangling! We have a service project in Manassas. It was tons of fun! Our companionship's job was to catch the goats put them in pens and then look at their number and see if they were sold or not. It was a lot of jumping, diving, tackling, and, getting scratched up. It was really comical watching a goat drag Elder Hall around. He turned around and tackled the thing afterwards. Haha! That was a fun day. 

     Anyways. I really don't know what else to write.... Well, I guess I will see all of you in about four days. I leave on Friday morning and will arrive in the SLC airport at 13:14. That is almost exactly two years from when I was dropped off at the MTC. Crazy huh? I can't wait to see you all there! Love you!

For the last time, this is Elder Snell. Signing out.

~ Elder Zac Snell


Picture from Elder Hall taken Today. Centerville Zone. Of course Zac is the tallest by sitting on an Elder's shoulders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment