Monday, October 13, 2014

The Green Grass Grows All Around

Here we go. I'm gonna checka my e-mails. Oh boy! I have some new
emails to read and one to type up. Let's get started! So, this week
began a new transfer. The transfer meeting was on Thursday and it was
epic! Here's why. I went early for the Trainer's meeting and I learned
how to do just that. It was really great and I learned a lot. That
meeting started at 8:30 and the new missionaries came in around 9:45
by ten, we were all separated out and paired up with our new
companion. I was paired with an Elder from California. He lives a
little north of Sacramento , but went to school at BYU-I. His name is
Elder Rickertsen. He is a great, hard working guy and I am excited to
be companions with him. After being paired up, we had lunch they was
provided by the office missionaries, then went into the cultural hall
where everyone else was seated. We then proceeded to watch Meet The
Mormons. That movie was awesome! I really liked it. I hope that you
guys back home went and watched it. Very well done! After the movie we
began the transfer meeting in the chapel. When it came to when Elder
Rickertsen and I stand up and hug each other, we did and everyone
laughed because of the ironic height difference. Haha! Fun transfer
meeting over all.

    The rest of the week has been pretty great! We found a new
investigator named Steve. He is a cool guy. He was in the military, so
I helped for me to have served in Ft. Belvoir before here. Elder
Rickertsen is doing great. He invited Michael to be baptized the first
time he met him. He is doing good at door approaches as well. Came
pre-trained, he did. I am excited to have him as a companion.

    That's about all for this week. Each week has felt like it just
goes faster and faster. Holy cow! Oh! I also forgot to mention that it
is Elder Rickertsen's birthday on the 16th! I don't know how exactly
we will celebrate it out here, but if am pretty sure we will find a
way!

Love you all!
    ~ Elder Zac Snell






No comments:

Post a Comment