Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Palooza!


 Oh my goodness, where to start!?! This week was so action packed that I am having a hard time just starting to think of what to begin with.... Well... Let's start with the beginning of the week. MONDAY! We had a great lesson with Harrison. It mainly involved getting him pumped to receive the priesthood and then watching the Christmas Devotional that was given by the first presidency. He liked it, but we were not able to finish it, so we plan on doing that tonight with him. After the lesson, the Iverson's told us that we would be having dinner with them on Sunday and Harrison and his mom were coming over as well and then go to the temple lights after dinner. They proceeded to make the rest of my week by telling us that we were going to be joining them on their epic embark to the temple. AHHH!!! I have always wanted to go to the temple lights, but never had the opportunity to do so!

     Alright continuing on. Exchanges on Tuesday with Elder Wagner. They are doing great in their area! Our district is the best! They have a baptism on the 20th. super sweet guy! I will have to send pictures of that if I get to go to it. Interviews with President Riggs were on Wednesday! We mostly talked about my district and any foreseeable problems. I told him no and he then proceeded to thank me for all the hard work we were doing. I love President Riggs! He is a Stellar guy.

     On Friday, we had a mission Christmas Conference! That was super stellar! I saw so many missionaries that I had made friends with and met new friends on the way. I also saw a good friend that I had made before my mission. Sister Mylie Johnson! Great reunion with good awesome friends. We had a talent show and my talent was conducting the music! After that hilarious, yet spiritual upliftment, we went into the chapel and had a devotional given to us by a former mission president. It was all about giving your all and talking with everyone we are permitted to see. Great time.

     Sunday... Big day. I gave a talk that was assigned to me on Saturday. It was on receiving revelation. I had to tell my fire story of course. It always is fun to tell. After that, the rest of Sundaywas a little boring until dinner. WE went to the temple!!! AH! So amazing! Harrison is stoked to go inside. oh! a little bonus to it all was that his stepdad came! both are non members and theyloved the visitors center and temple. It was an excellent teaching opportunity. We saw Jenny Oaks Baker perform on her violin and she was amazing at that. I will send pictures that I took. more on the way later.

     Anyways, a Christmas week couldn't be complete with out sitting on Santa's Lap. thanks to our ward Christmas party, it happened! Pictures better be posted!

Love you All! Have an epic week!
~ Elder Zac Snell :)

Picture #1 Elder Snell and Sister Johnson- Mylie
 
Picture #2 DC Temple on Sunday with the lights
 
Picture #3 Elder Snell on Santas Lap with Elder Rickertsen the tall one in the back and Sister Winterton behind Santa and Sister Cordner in front.






Christmas Party for DC South Mission

DC South Missionaries- Wish I could tell you where Elder Snell is.


No comments:

Post a Comment