Monday, March 23, 2015

Where Did My 3 Quarters Go?

Wow, has time flown by. I honestly can not believe that I am really that far along this two year endeavor. Everyone has told me that his will be the best and shortest 2 years of my life, and boy were they right! I have had SO many testimony building opportunities as i have served the Lord in the Washington D.C. South Mission. I love the people and places here. They will always have a part of my heart. Anyways, on to the exciting part of the letter!

     This week there was a huge emphasis on teaching simply and powerfully using the Book of Mormon. We had a special training on it that included not only our zone, but the Mt. Vernon zone as well. President Riggs and the Assistants both presented at this meeting and it was epic! I received much revelation as to how I can improve my teaching skills.
     
     Later in the week (the next day), I went on exchanges with Elder Fitzgerald (one of the district leaders). It felt amazing to be back on bike! Shirlington, his area, is known to have the biggest and hardest-to-climb hills in the entire mission! He took me up and down two of the biggest hills, Batman and Superman hill. Superman being the biggest. The reason the hill received its nickname is because of either one, two, or both reasons. 1. You have to have calves like Superman to climb it. 2. You go as fast as Superman going down it. I can attest that both are correct. hahah! That is one steep hill! After a successful night of riding and finding people to teach, we head back to the apartment where I celebrated my 18th month mark (pictures included)! I decided that I didn't want it to be the average burning of pants, so I rigged it up. I took floss and tied it up so it was hanging in mid air. When the fire gets to the floss it will cut it and will fall. Sounds fool proof, right? haha! well, i am happy to inform you that one of my crazy ideas finally worked in my favor!! It was a miracle! :P

     I continued throughout the week with a smile on as usual and continued to love being placed in the paths of those who are prepared. We came across this man the other night who had the following questions, "When will peace come? After this life or in this life?", "How can I best support my wife and kid?", and to wrap it all up, "What does your church believe about all this?" You might as well have wrapped him up with a bow and given him to us for Christmas. We have an appointment with him this week with him and his wife. I love how the Lord places prepared people in the paths of his prepared servants who want to share the gospel.

     Once again looking forward to another stellar week! Tune next time and be sure to check out the blog run by my Valiant Mom! 



     ~ Elder Zac Snell :)


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.










No comments:

Post a Comment