Monday, September 23, 2013

First Letters Sent Home


Letter Addressed to Mom Snell
Hi Mommy!   ^^
I am so excited to be able to write home today. I have had a marvelous experience here in the MTC. Ever since you dropped me off, I have thought about you and our family. One thing miss most is hearing Dad and Caden play the piano or marimba. When I got here, we went to a meeting with all the new missionaries and a sister played a musical number. She played Hymn #29....YUP! The exact same one that Caden played at my farewell. Anyways....
My companion’s name is Elder Smith and he is a super awesome guy. He has a big family (7 kids including him) and he is very close to them. Turns out he is our district leader and I believe that he is the one to do it. He is so prepared and nobody can do it better than he can.
My P-Day is on Friday, so you can predict accordingly on when I will be able to respond to any letters. I have had the time of my life here in the MTC. I enjoyed gym time yesterday. I played 4 square with my companion and a bunch of Elders and Sisters that are Korea bound. Everyone here is so nice and made me feel welcome the minute I set foot on MTC ground.
Oh Yea....Can you send me some stamps maybe? Heh...that would be much appreciated...    :p
I love you soooooooo much and can’t wait to tell you experiences that have (when I have any worthy of telling). I am taking pictures for you though.
Funny story- So I go back to my room from our very first day and I see in one of the closets that someone has written in it....
TCT
Trash Can Time
Put the littlest person in this room in the trash can! But do it in Lovingly!  
Carry on the tradition!
Great! I had been shoved into a trash can on my first day in the MTC. I am really feeling the Brotherly Love. Anyways, I am having a blast. Don’t worry about me getting shoved into more trash cans, because it was a once in a life time experience....I hope.
I like the food here. It isn’t too bad but I had sweet and sour pork last night for dinner and I loved it. It reminded me of Dad and when we went to Temari’s Japanese restaurant. I have pictures of all of our family to look at and I appreciate you giving them to me. I am missing a picture of Howie and Chip though. PLEASE feel free to send me pictures of ANYTHING that is going on. Even a pic of the new Maverick.
Let everyone know that I really don’t have much time to write them all, so it would help if you let everyone know of my stories. I miss you all and think about you every day.
Love Your Son,
Elder Snell

 Letter Addressed to My Superb Family
(To preface this letter, Zac LOVES paperclips and before he lefton his mission he hid several all over the house for me to find. I was so excited to find some of them yesterday and today)
I just wanted you to know that I know I am in the right place right now.
Heh..................
I love finding these (he sent a green paper clip with the letter). Le me know if you find any of mine I have strategically placedin the house. Anyways. Whenever I find a paperclip, it is Heavenly Father telling me that I am living worthily. Even better that it is Green!
My companion thinks it’s funny why I love paperclips so much. He has a lot of learning to do.
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment