Monday, February 24, 2014

Coming Unto Christ


     So Of course, we all need to do such as come unto Christ, but How often are we inviting others to come to Christ. This concept was given to me by my Fabulous Mother! As we progress towards or savior, we inevitably bring someone along with us! We, as Members of this Incredible church are to ALWAYS be inviting people to come unto Christ. Now, I have a story!
 
     So we were leap leaping along. leap, leap, leap. Soon Elder Rowley and I came upon this road called Deer Forest. We paused to feel if this is the spot where we needed to be today. That right here, we will find one of the Lord's Prepared and Elect! We felt positive of such requirements. So onward we continued and played a game of Rock Paper Scissors to see who would do the first knocking. Sadly, I am the Champion at losing in a game of such luck and I ended up knocking the first house. Did someone answer? Nope.... WE knock again. Once for their salvation, twice for their salvation, and thrice because we are bored. Still no answer. We decided then to move on. As we approached the door, I saw someone sitting on the porch swing. I proceed to tell her that we are representatives of Jesus Christ and SMACK! (Not literally) She shoots us down. Just like that. she probably said good bye at least 10 times. Super Rejection. We continue and find the same pattern of Being shut out by the rest of the world. Soon it is my turn and we have knocked many houses, but I told my self, this one is different. I had absolutely no idea what to say, but I knew that if they were supposed to be brought to this Gospel, the spirit would tell me what I should say. What did I do? I knocked some random pattern and the opened the door not 13 seconds after. The first thing I said was of course, "hey, how are you doing?"
     "Hey Guys, What's up?"
     " Well, we have come to invite you to come unto Christ."
     What? where did that come from? I wasn't even thinking and I guess I just said it without knowing what was coming out of my mouth.
     "Well, that's Great," She replied, "Are y'all Mormon?"
HUZZAH FOR THE SPIRIT!!!!! We gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon after she had told us about her nanny that was Mormon and they went to the Temple to see them get sealed, but they had to wait in the visitors center. She absolutely loves the temple grounds and the Visitor Center there. We got a return appointment and set up a time to give her a church tour! That was a miracle!
 
     Thanks to my Mom, We were able to connect with this sweet lady! Thanks Mommy!
 
Life is always Good! Remember to Make Lemonade!
 
~ Elder Zac Snell -=iii=<{



No comments:

Post a Comment