Monday, March 31, 2014

Don't Punch...... Our Car.......

So, I learned today that in order to understand Elder Snell's Title I had to watch Kid History. Caden and Lexie helped me out with the opportunity to watch some of these videos. Wow! I guess I have been missing out. Ha Ha. Anyway. That is the reference to "Don't Punch....Our Car....." and probably many other quotes that I have never understood. . 

Enjoy!!!!!

Of course, we don't have a car for you to punch, but you can try your hardest to do so!
This week we had some great stuff go on! I was on an exchange with Elder Coates and I set a goal for myself to unbind my tongue and talk to everyone! I did just that! The hardest people to talk to is the joggers and runners because they are going pretty fast and we have to block off the entire path for them to stop and talk to us. This one time, there was a lady who went clear around us because she didn't want to talk to us! Hahah! the audacity of some peoples children, right? anyways, there was this jogger guy and I had let the last one pass us, but this time I was going to teach him! He almost got all the way past us, but then I blurted out "Hey, we want to teach you a message about Jesus Christ!" *facepalm* "wrong thing to say," I thought. " actually yeah, I will listen to your message," the beefy buff jogger huffed out, as he was tired from jogging. I started to freak out inside because nobody ever wants to listen to our message! I was talking way to fast form him to listen and he told me to slow down and star over. He was a nice guy! Oh! also, I was bearing testimony of the Book of Mormon and he asked the question that is super rarely asked:
"Can you just give that book to me or do I have to pay for it?"
HAHAH!!!!! Hook Line and Sinker! I thought that was an epic success!
This one time when we were tracting, we walk up to this super nice, expensive house knock the door! It is my turn to speak and I have the Book of Mormon in my hands and Can't wait to give it out! A man opens the door in his bath robes and he asks: "What do you want?" I thought he sounded a little grumyp, but our message is for the grumpy people! "We are representatives of Jesus Christ and....." The man gives us a scowl as soon as I start talking and replys: "No, you're not..." The then slams the door in our face! Isn't that great! He listened to us so well that he picked up the fact that we could have possibly been(actually are) Jesus Christ's servants and representatives! I love people!
Until next time, my lovely civilized people!
~ Elder Zac Snell

Here are some pictures Zac sent. 



Elder Snell and his new companion Elder Ogilvie

The ritual at 6 months burning a tie. 

I asked him which tie he chose and luckily it wasn't any of his but one that had been left behind for months. whew :)

No comments:

Post a Comment