Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Legacy to be Left

  Ah, I am truly sad to be leaving the area of Reston. I have
absolutely loved to serve here! Definitely one of my favorites! From
the amazing people I have met to all the flippin' awesome bike trails.
This Area had been through ups and downs for sure. Haha! And I have
been here for about 5 1/2 months to see it. The first day I arrived in
Reston, I was a little down hearted because I looked at how many
lessons they were teaching and how many investigators they had. ZERO.
Nada. zip. Zilch. NOTHING. Not a single progressing investigator.
Then, I realized something. Just because it appeared that way for the
first reporting week of our key indicators (if you don't know what
that is, I might suggest reading chapter 8 of Preach My Gospel) didn't
mean that it would be the same for the next few weeks. The first week
I was here, we checked up on every potential investigator there was in
the area book. Soon enough, we were able to find one person to teach!
Through prayer, fasting, and reading the scriptures, we accessed the
things God in store for Reston!

     If there is anything that I have learned here in Reston, it is
what is found at the beginning of the fourth verse of hymn #27: Praise
to the Man. "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven;" If you
are in need of some blessings straight from heaven, there needs to be
a sacrifice given. We have put in as much as we can to help Reston
have more converts. This ward hasn't had a baptism in over a year and
a half!!! When I heard this, my mentality changed from "there's no way
we can do this" to "this changes NOW!" I am pleased to tell you that
the next baptism for the Reston ward will be on May 17th for a
fantastic guy named Adam. This is just the next one. As of right now,
the Reston district (one of the smallest in the mission) has not 5.
Not 8. Not 11, but 12 people that have set a solid date for their
baptism! The Zone average for people with a baptism date is 11, just
to give you a comparison to look at. This testifies that when we give
up what we want and take hold of what God wants, he will provide for
us and give us success!

     Brothers and Sisters, I strongly exhort you to lay claim on those
blessings that await you in heaven. Our Heavenly Father is just
waiting to give them to us!
     "prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not
open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that
there shall not be room enough to receive it."(Malachi 3:10) I know
this scripture may be associated with tithing, but isn't paying
Tithing a sacrifice? Doubt not The Lord nor his goodness. He will
bless you. I know it!

Stay true, guys. Love you all!
     ~ Elder Zac Snell :)

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment