Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Life's a Short Joke

 Transfers! Whoot! Gotta love days when you switch things up a
little bit. Actually.... A lot a bit! I am in unfamiliar territory now
and with a new companion. Am I scared at all? Uh.... Yeah, just a taco
bit, but who isn't nervous for a new transfer. Any ways, we will get
into the good stuff.

     So, Fort Belvoir.... I had heard about it because it is always on
the "Keystone" (weekly letter from the assistants). They are on there
because they have tons of baptisms. We work hard here in Fort Belvoir!
I had thought that it was hard for an area in the United States to get
 a baptism per month, but they is exactly what happens here, so
hopefully, I will be able to find some EPIC success!

     Oh yeah. Heh, just a bit if information for you all: Yeah..... So
his last companion was 6'7'.... Every house that I have gone to has
cracked a short joke.... XD I would like to thank Jake for all those
short jokes preparing me for this transfer. Now I won't go home and
cry
myself to sleep because of all the short jokes I have to put up with.
Hahaha! :D my companion's name is Elder Jensen. He is from South
Jordan, Utah. He loves long boarding and snowboarding. He was also the
DECA president for his school.

     So, we were visiting a less active member named Chris Thompson.
We had an excellent lesson and I soon found out he was from Utah! He
asked what my Dad does for work to try and guess where I was from. I
told him he works for a ski and snowboard shop. He starts going off on
how much he loves skiing and eventually guesses where I am from. I
told him that I worked with my Dad at Utah Ski & Golf. "Oh, I have
been there before" he said. I was totally appalled! Not many people
from Virginia know the ski shop. He said that he went there for skis
and customized ski poles for somebody 6'2" when he was 16. I asked him
if he knows Steve Snell. "Oh yeah. I know him. He was wearing a
beanie. A stockier and bulky guy, right?" Hahaha! "That's my Dad!" Way
to go dad! People remember you as the guy with the beanie! Hahah!  I
am actually curious if you remember him. I bet you would if you saw
his face.

     That' sabot all Folks. Please ignore my incorrect grammar/use of
words/lack of caring to change my autocorrect. I love you guys! Stay
Stellar!

~ Elder Zac Snell :)

Sent from my iPad







No comments:

Post a Comment