Monday, May 12, 2014

To Be, Or Not To Be a Missionary!



Mother's Day Skype


  In my mind and with the experience that I have had while serving
The Lord, this is a no brainer! I have seen miracles and so many
tender mercies as a missionary. On multiple occasions, I have turned
to a quote by President Monson, which says something along these
lines, "When you are on The Lord's errand, you are entitled to His
Help." There have been many rough patches on my mission so far and I
have been out for a little less than Eight Months. I have seen how I
have been helped on my way to becoming the servant that Heavenly
Father wants me to become. I have been, and still am being sent
through the Refiners Fire. If somebody came up to me and said, "Hey,
Zac, I have been thinking of serving a mission, but I can't decide if
I should. Would it be worth it?" To that I would reply, "YES!!!!! OF
COURSE!!!!!! It is worth ever single second spent away from home
serving him who created you!" In the long run, isn't that what we are
here doing in the first place? We left the presence of our Heavenly
Father (our home) and came here to learn for our selves and to help
others on their way back home.

     55 I observed that they were also among the noble and great ones
who were chosen in the beginning to be rulers in the Church of God.

     56 Even before they were born, they, with many others, received
their first lessons in the world of spirits and were prepared to come
forth in the due time of the Lord to labor in his vineyard for the
salvation of the souls of men.
 (Doctrine & Covenants 138:55-56)

     We are those noble and great ones! We have received our first
lessons in Heaven so that we can come her and be prepared to labor in
His Vineyard. We are not just working to be paid in cash or for any
earthly possession, but for the salvation of the souls of men! There
is no greater work than the one that is before us now! Do we need to
have the title Elder or Full Time Missionary to be one who harvests
souls of men? No! We, as brothers and sisters are entitled to that
calling to serve and save those around you.

     Remember that there are no crown wearers above that we're not
cross bearers below.

     I love and miss you all, but for now, I wish to keep my mind on
my calling: A loved Son of God here to save those who have wandered.

 ~ Elder Zac Snell
Sent from my iPad



Elder Snell and his Apartment

Missionaries after a Hard Days of work!



No comments:

Post a Comment