Monday, May 26, 2014

A Bug in the System

Mommy!

    So, this week has been pretty hard as a missionary. Let's start
with this. . . Elder Johnson (room mate) walks in Monday night and he
looks ghostly pale. "Guys, I don't feel so good..." Ha. You don't have
to tell me again to take your word for it. He tromps over to the couch
and falls flat on his face. The next morning, he is coughing up a
storm in his bed. Great! Now we have a sick person in our apartment. A
dirty apartment......
    A couple days later, I start to have a small cough. It is just a
small cough, I think to myself. There is no way I am going to be sick.
We come home from the afternoon and there is Elder Farnes (Johnson's
companion) passed out on the couch. We talk to him a bit and try to
wake him up. Groggily he replies and is in and out of consciousness.
It was then that we we remembered that he is Diabetic. Elder Johnson
couldn't check his blood sugar level because he was passed out on his
bed from sickness. We grab his kit and check his blood sugar.... 25
..... Now, I don't know how bad that was, but it was bad enough to
make him half passed out. We grab Capri-Sun, an apple, and some juice,
and give it to him to raise his blood sugar. Thankfully, he is still
alive and he said that 25 was the lowest he has ever reported on the
tester.
    Friday. We woke up, planned for the week, updated the progress
record, ate at MOE's, and biked home. There is this really cool path
that we wanted to take to get back home. It is just off the side of
the road and all you need to do is pop up the curb and carefully
maneuver to the path. Now when I say "pop" up the curb, Elder Jensen
took it literally. His back tire blew up! So here we are, 30 minute
bike ride from home, with a flat tire.... GREAT! So we decided to take
some awesome pictures so we can post some on Facebook. The walk was
really good! We talked to SO many people! There obviously was a reason
why that tire popped. Sure, we didn't find anybody new to teach, but
we still had a great night.
    Saturday...... We all woke up sick... That was probably one of the
most annoying day ever... We did as much work as we could, but in the
end, we weren't in the best condition to go out and give the rest of
the world this putrid disease. We went to all the appointments we
could, then after that, it was back to getting ourselves better.
    Sunday! I am really glad I have you as a mom because I ended up
taking the medicine my mom packed for me and feeling a ton better! We
all went to church and then back to our apartment where I was consider
end the "healthy" guy to take care of the apartment! Huzzah for being
healthy! Let's just say that I got good at helping people with getting
water and medicine.
     Right now I am at McDonalds in Walmart. We decided to spice
things up a bit today because Elder Jensen and Elder Farnes are at the
Temple. So I am hanging out with Elder Johnson this Preparation Day.
All is well and I hope all is well for you too!

I love you, Mom!

~ Elder Zac Snell

P.s. I saw this license plate and took a picture for you.

Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment