Monday, June 9, 2014

Oh, It's Fun to Find from 6 - 9! (Not a factorial)

Hi, Mom!

     You know, the further along on your mission you get, the harder
it gets to write home. Each week starts to consolidate into one day ,
and each transfer feels like one week. This transfer has gone by
really, really fast! I guess the only thing to say about that is that
time flies when you are having fun! Hands down, the fastest six weeks
of my life. We had a pretty busy week set up for us.

     On Monday, it was just like every other preparation day. Emails,
shopping, then come back home and lay around the apartment for a
while. Oh, actually, it rained last Monday as well, so we went and
played in the rain! Elder Farnes has a soccer ball and he brought that
out and we kicked that around outside in the rain. That was really
fun! Once it hit 1800, we hit the streets and talked to people, went
to appointments, and tracted for an hour.(not in that order).

     On Tuesday, we had district meetings focused all about finding
new investigators and following up on how they have been doing with
keeping commitments. That day we went tracting and had the most
successful time ever! We met a family that had met with missionaries
two years ago, and three really interested people. They all set up
times to meet on Saturday. One at 1200, 1300, 1400, then other
appointments we had set up at 1500, 1600, 1900, and 2000! We
potentially could find 7 new people to teach!

     Now, in the beginning of my letter, remember how I said that we
had a pretty busy week set up for us? Yeah. I will give you some time
to look for it. . . . . . . . . . . . Ok. Times up! No more reading
what you already read! Read forward like a normal person. Now realize
that I said we HAD not DID HAVE a pretty busy week a head. Yeah... All
of our hopes and dreams were crushed on Saturday..... All of the
appointments fell through! None of them were home or were too busy at
the time we came back. They told us that they would not be busy when
we came by! That's the point of setting appointments! To make sure you
will be home and not busy! Goodness.... People these days and there
legitimacy of their promises. So it was many hours of tracting this
week. I thought it was pretty fun.

     We are going to D.C. today! I am really excited because we plan
on doing the Smithsonian stuff today because the monuments are sorta
boring once you have seen them once. I think we might do the museum of
Natural history or American history. Something like that. We will be
leaving as soon as we can, which will be around 10. I will download
your emails and reply to them when I get back around 1600ish.

     I love you! I am excited to read your email to me!
Love ya!

     Keep moving forward!
~ Elder Zac Snell :)





Elder Zac Snell with Elder Jensen and maybe Elder Farnes

DC TIME


Elder Zac Snell, "Grandma" and Elder Jensen

Of course, I have no CLue :)

DC TEMPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment