Monday, June 9, 2014

It's A Great *knock* Life

June 2nd, 2014
I am in Major Trouble!!! I guess I forgot to blog Elder Snell's letter from Last week. So Here it is.


Hey, Mom!

     First, I want to remind you that it is Daddy's birthday.
Hopefully you remembered that! I sure did! Second, I want to send you
a calming voice for when Caden get's his License to wreck havoc on the
road. Obviously, he is not going to cause traffic jams across the USA
because he passed his driving exam with flying colors! Third, I want
to make you aware of how hard your youngest worked to get a 4.0 this
last term of school. She is epic and also a stellar trumpet player.
That is all from your side of the country.

     Now for my half of the continent. Things are going pretty well
over here. Of course, missionary work never goes exactly how you plan
it to. We usually have at least three appointments set up for the
night and slowly, one by one, they all fall through..... Well, at
least it gives us a lot of time to work on our people talking skills
by tracting. You want to know the most awkward tracting situation
ever!? Well it goes like this. . . . .

 *knock*    *knock*    *knock**knock*    *knock*

      *door creaks open*
Me: Hey! How are you today! :)
Lady: Good. You guys can come on in.
*motions us to come in*
Me: Is your Husband home?
Lady: No. Just me and the kids.
Me: You know, we would love to come in, but we need your husband to be
home to come in.... Anyways, we are representatives of Jesus Christ
going around teaching the doctrine and truths he taught when he was on
the earth.
Lady: *big smile* Yeah, I know.
Me: Great! *gears turning in head* would you......like..to..... *sigh
of disappointment*
Member Lady: I'm a member. . .
Me: Yeah, I sorta figured... *face palm*


     So, there you have it. Thankfully, she wasn't a member of the
fort Belvoir ward. That would have been more awkward... She was a
member of the Mt. Vernon ward. Pretty good times, if I do say so
myself!

     We just had someone drop us. His name is George. If you could
pray for him, he is still reading the Book of Mormon and has been
praying for an answer of its truthfulness, but hasn't received an
answer yet. We have an appointment with him in 3 weeks. We are fasting
and praying for a miracle here and any extra help we get is totally
worth it. Thanks!

     I love you! Take care of the family and everyone else there for
me. Oh and tell them that I am still the pinball champion. :P just
sayin'

Love ya!
 ~ Elder Zac Snell

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment