Monday, September 8, 2014

Trading Spaces

Oh! Why hello! I didn't see you there. What can I do for you?
Anything? Anything at all? Well, if you don't speak up, then I guess
you are going to have to do something for me! Listen to my story I
have this week, that is. It's pretty legit.

     Let's go back to a land that is a good distance from where I am
now, back to the Fort (Belvoir). Monday night. We were sitting around
the table casting our votes as to where we thought everyone was going
to go. Everyone guessed that I would probably go to the Ashburn zone
and Elder Farnes would go to the Oakton zone. We were pretty sure that
we were both leaving. Well after our lots were cast, we decided to go
to bed early so we would have more energy for the long day that
awaited us. I say my prayers and get into bed, as does Elder McInerny.
The lights are shut off and we start to fall asleep. Suddenly, our
attempt to sleep was disrupted by the noise of our phone's ring tone.
I shot out of bed, butterflies in my stomach and only to discover the
sensation which we humans call nervousness as I read who was
calling—"AP Ni"—an assistant to President Riggs, and he only reason he
would be calling is to give a calling to one of the two missionaries
who use that phone. I throw the phone over to Elder McInerny for him
to answer as I sat on the floor shaking from nervousness. Elder
McInerny then said the words that will change my mission for a while.
     "Uh huh. Yeah. Sure. Ok, here he is."
     Yeah. I was pretty nervous. I answered the phone to hear the
cheery voice of Elder Ni. He then told me that The Lord has called me
to be a district leader and I would be one of the most enthusiastic
and energetic district leaders in the mission. I gladly accepted and
he then gave me a reading assignment to study before a meeting with
President Riggs after transfer meetings. Stressed out? Yes. Happy?
Thrilled! I am excited to serve the missionaries in my district. Now I
get to teach district meetings. That is what I am most stressed about,
but I know that if I put forth diligent studies and exercise a great
amount of faith, I will be told what to teach and how to inspire and
motivate the district. Anyways... That's my rant on m new calling. Now
on to the rest of the story.
     I recorded transfer meeting on my voice recorder, so that was
cool. I wish you guys could be there and feel what it is like to be
transferred to somewhere to be with someone you don't know. It is
really a rush. Believe me. So, I got my name called and was told that
I was going to be serving in McLean with Elder Cline. "And there will
be a lot more energy in that apartment." End quote, President Riggs.
He says that every time I get transferred. It's pretty funny and it
makes my day. I got to be the chorister for the meeting! That was fun!
Anyways, so we show up in my new area and find that my prayer was
answered. I am on bike still!!! The funniest part is the fact that
this is the hardest bike area of the mission. Be careful for what you
pray for. Haha! I am going to be in the best shape by the time I get
transferred again. The houses here are HUGE!! I will attach some
pictures for you to see just how big these houses really are. I can't
wait to get to know the members here!

Thanks for listening to my story, I really appreciate it. Love you
guys! Oh, and welcome Drue Harvey to the spectacular calling of
Missionary.

Love you all!!!

~ Elder Zac Snell


This letter sent home has been brought to you by viewers like you.
Thank You!





No comments:

Post a Comment