Monday, September 22, 2014

Keep That Fire Burning


Welcome back! It feels like about a week since I have heard from
you. Probably because it has been about a week. Hmmm..... I wonder
why. Anyways, this week has probably been one of the most eventful and
yet the least eventful. I had one of my sisters in the district get
transferred out unexpectedly. That was interesting. Now here are two
really new sisters in that area. Basically, they both don't know the
area very good and it was like they whitewashed the area. So that's
new!

     Elder Cline and I had to take a trip to urgent care because Elder
Cline wasn't getting better, so we got him checked out! Turned out
that he was diagnosed with strep throat, a lung infection and ear
infection. By the time transfers come, I won't know my area super
well, but I have gotten a few opportunities to give blessings. :) they
are great!

     This week, we also had interviews with President Riggs! He talked
a lot about gathering the low hanging fruits which are as follows:
Part member families and older primary kids. We need to find them and
teach them! It will happen. Along with the meetings with President
Riggs, we had District Meetings! I taught my first district meeting
ever and it was EPIC!!! So I wrote our title for the meeting and what
we would be learning about on the back side of a swivel chalkboard and
left it there till it was time to introduce. When the time called for
it, I said I was about to reveal the topic for today. I then clicked
play on the superman theme song. I let the suspension build until the
while band came in after the intro and I quickly spun around the chalk
board to reveal this: See Pictures


I  would like to tell everyone that I am super grateful to have such an amazing
grandpa. Even though he walked me around the block with a leash
attached to my belt loops that only makes me love him more. He told
that story at my eagle court of honor and it only seems fitting to
mention it at his funeral too. :P I love Grandpa Wood! I am excited
to have him be with me and Mikell as we serve our missions. I know
that he loved his mission. He sent me a letter telling me about his
mission and how great it was for him. I strive to follow my Grandpa's
example he has set for all of us. I will miss him, but I know I will
see him again. The last few words I told my grandpa after I skyped
with him and talked with him for the last time during his earthly life
was, "I will see you later." I know this is true.

Elder Snell


1 year mark Burning of the Shirt


No comments:

Post a Comment