Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Worn From Service

    Hey, guys! This last week want by sorta slow because Elder Cline
was sick for most of it. It got to the point where he couldn't bike up
and down the physically demanding hills of McLean with out coughing up
a lung. I felt super bad. Anyways, I am just learning the basics of
being a district leader now and think I am grasping hold of things.
The district that I have stewardship over are great Elders and Sisters
who love to serve The Lord. There is Elder Annis and Elder Meldrum.
These Elders are our room mates an I have already grown to love them.
They serve in the McLean 1st ward with Sister Andrade and Sister
Patten. I don"t know how well they get along, but I have a feeling
they might have clashing personalities. Then there are the McLean 2nd
Sisters who serve in our ward. They are Sister Barrus and Sister
Deaver. I have actually served around both of them before, so I know
them pretty well. I am loving the district so far, so that's good! :)

    So I woke up this morning and I looked at my watch and saw what
today's date is and t turns out that it was the 15th. 9/15/14. Does
that date look familiar to anybody? Huh? Give up? Well, it looks like
it is the same date that I gave my farewell talk on, except that there
is a 14 on the end instead of a 13. Wait... Does that mean that I am
three days away from being half way done!? Hmmmm.... :/ that's really
a sad thought, actually..... I really love being here and serving
those around me and it makes me sad that one year goes by that fast.
You know, they say that it only goes faster once you hit your year
mark. You blink and the next thing you know is that you are at 19
months. I sat on my bed after I got ready for the day and sat

pondering about how much fun I have had and all of the good I have
done from just serving one year. I felt a little sad that I am half
way through, but it's a testimony of how great this work really is for
everyone. I have realized that I have consecrated my self to The Lord
for two short years, and I will have an eternity to look back at it
with either one of two emotions: Satisfaction or Regret. Am I really
giving it my very best? I feel like I can always do better. Have I
done enough? I don't think I will ever be able to answer a solid yes
to that, there is always more to give, especially if the time is set
apart to devote all your time, energy, and passion to this great and
marvelous work. With that I leave my concluding remarks for this year.

              I want my life to be like my shoes; Worn from service.

    There are few eternally satisfying things you can do during this
part of our Heavenly Father's plan, and I believe that service is one
of them. I have loved every single moment.

~ Elder Zac Snell



Do you think he needs new shoes??? Ha Ha :)



No comments:

Post a Comment