Friday, February 20, 2015

Well...That Was Alarming

Sent on Feb 2, 2015

To all those who can focus upon this computer screen to read this note:

     Thank you for your time and generosity for reading this! I am so stoked to tell you how this week went for me. To start off, let's start by talking about Monday!! Preparation day and Elder Cline's birthday! We had an excellent birthday dinner. Some members in the Haymarket award took us out to a place called Musashi's. It's exactly like Tepanyaki. I had some delicious salmon and rice! It was super super delicious! Elder Cline had an excellent birthday! So that was on Monday.

     On Tuesday, we had a district leader training meeting! I am always looking forward to receive instruction as to how I can be a better district leader. We talked about how to conduct a baptismal interviews, having good accountability in district meetings, and making sure the district catches the vision that President Riggs has set forth for the mission! That went really well. I am super glad that we had that meeting!

     So some members are huge into CrossFit. I don't know if you've ever heard of it but it's some of the most intense workouts you can do without taking a break. I had the opportunity to go to do that, and goodness, am I sore! After going to the arduous work out, we ate dinner at their house! They made my favorite, French toast! They also made chicken, so of course, I had to make a French toast chicken sandwich! I am now a huge fan of French toast and chicken! You really need to try it. Especially with some syrup on it. As backpack says on door the explorer, "Yum, yum, yum yum, yum! Delecioso!" After that delicious meal, we headed back to the church for our exchange. Here's the sad part… Our exchange canceled on us, so we had to walk in the freezing cold wind back to our apartment! That was a really, really cold walk! Since it was so cold, nobody was out talk to… We did our best with what we had.

     Gainesville had a baptism!!! The sisters had been teaching her for about three years! She finally decided to be baptized. When we found out, she asked me if I would sing at her baptism, so I gladly said yes. Sr. Martindale and I did a lovely duet, singing How Great Thou Art. I will send a recording of it to you probably via email. It sounded good to me… Hahaha! I will let you be the judge of that.

     So last thing… On Tuesday night, I was slightly awakened by the deafening sound of the fire alarm! The clock read 02:15. I just sat there in bed and thought, "Ah, it's just the fire alarm… I will just chill here in bed for a while. So I just lay there half conscious, but quickly jumped out of it when Elders Cline and Greenall come into our apartment and into he room. I gained complete consciousness as soon as the lights were flipped on. Elder Black was passed out! Sleeping through the piercing noise of the fire alarm. We later learned that there was no fire, just a broken sprinkler. I will include more details on a voice recording because it's a long email...

     Thanks for sitting and staring at this computer/iPhone/iPad screen! Hope you enjoy your week as much as I do!!

     ~ Elder Zac Snell :)

Sent from my iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment