Monday, November 18, 2013

I Shall Rest in Reston

Even though I use the word Rest, I dont mean sleep. The work here is completely different than in Manassas, but I shouldnt compare. that is one of the three C's. Don't Compare, Don't Criticize, and Don't Complain. anyways. let us start from the beginning.

So, it is late Wednesday night around 10:30. Elders Cannon, Massey, Jensen, and Snell gather around tiny christmas tree. (you could probably guess who set it up) Twas the night of transfers call, the night that can change your direction in one simple word. The phone rings and Elder Cannon jumps up to grab the phone and answers. It is the Zone Leaders! Dun Dun Dun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thoughts and guesses are tossed around as the Zone Leaders speak. Elder Cannon and I expected to stay together for atleast one more transfer. Elder Gustofson's voice pierces the air: Elder Cannon is Staying. Elder Snell, Pack your bags.
WHAT?!?!?!?!
That was the last thing we expected to hear. So come transfer day, I headed off to the meeting to find out where the spirit of the Lord has taken me. "Elder Snell will travel to Reston in the Oakton Stake where he will be trained by Elder Rowley!" (voice of President Riggs) I had no Idea where Reston was.... I soon found out! 

So for those of you who dont know what it is like to live in Virginia, There is no such thing as a straight road. all of them are curvy!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did the good old grid system go? Why did the cities in Virginia have to be designed by a Two year old who cant seem to draw a straight line? Of course, I just need to get over it and find someone who has a GPS. That's all. 

Ah, I love Reston. The entire city has trails going throughout it. Like the one that goes on forever back at home! Just imagine you are at Six flags magic mountain and mix it with the one at home. there! Tons of hills. Super fun to bike. (If my companion didn't have a flat tire.) 

The first day here, (Friday) we walked everywhere. the work here is completely different. we work with members more than the investigators so far. We dont have any investigators YET. I have met so many awesome families here. 

Saturday, we did the same old song and dance and walked to member and potential investigators houses. Since we were walking, Most of the day, we were street contacting people.

Sunday, We had the Primary Program!!!! (Manassas just had that last week, so I saw two) I love the primary people! They are super cute! We didnt get to do much because my church starts at 14:00! That is crazy late! boy, I cant wait until fast sunday.

Today is Preparation Day!!!!! Cant wait to enjoy it further.

I have been called to Repentance by a lot of you. I hope that I did a better job at describing my week. Sorry if it seems like I don't write a lot, but it is hard to write about average things. Every day seems the same, but when you dig down deep, there is a miracle waiting to be discovered.


I love All of you! Don't forget to be looking for missionary experiences. I love to hear about all of them! 


Until I see you all agin,
~Elder Snell!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment