Monday, December 16, 2013

The Subject Will Be "Subject" for Lack of a Better Term


Hey Everybody!!! How are all of you people reading this doing?! It has been sadly, and uneventful week... BUT! I have always been optimistic! As someone once yelled out at Mr. Hendricks during a band rehearsal after he yelled at us for rushing: "Optimism is healthy!" Always love the moment you are in right now. it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to face the trials you are going against right now! Take full advantage of them!
We did a lot of service this past week because of all the snow we received. I put up Christmas lights for one of the Families here! The Meritts must have trusted Elder Rowley and me A TON to let us decorate their plants on their Front yard! We love being able to serve people!
I am grateful for the Book of Mormon in my life! Before my mission, I was pretty lazy about reading... Little did I know that there are some amazing principles and mysteries hidden within the text of that amazing book! In the very first book, the very first verse,(1 Nephi 1:1) Nephi says that he has gone through many afflictions and yet he knows that he is highly favored of the Lord! His understanding of Gods love for each one of us is Critical to our progression to become more like the Savior and our Heavenly Father. It is through the trials we face in our live that strengthen us to overcome greater trials to come! He brings us to the depths of Humility to teach us valuable lessons that we need to understand in order for us to make it back to our Heavenly Father. How great that plan of Redemption! We need not fear if we make a mistake because Jesus Christ has provided us a way to overcome our mortality and flaws! I can not express my gratitude towards his sacred sacrifice given to EVERYONE!! I want to encourage all of you to take a look back at President Uchtdorf's talk in Priesthood session titled: "You Can Do It Now!"
I love this work that is going forth among the children of God! It is time we take the yolk upon us ALL! As we do this, we prepare the way for the Saviors coming.
I love you all and can't wait to hear back from you!
The Superbly Awesome
~Elder Zac Snell

No comments:

Post a Comment