Saturday, December 14, 2013

YOU NEVER KNOW HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE'S LIFE!


A LETTER ELDER ZAC SNELL WANTED ME TO SHARE:

Dear Mommy!

I have learned that setting an example is one of the best ways to share the gospel. I had no idea that I could be the one to make such a big difference in ONE person’s life. I really have gone through a very humbling experience. I have asked for permission to share this letter.

It started when I just got out of a district meeting and we were waiting for the Zone Leaders to give us mail that had been sent to the mission office. To my surprise, I found that my name was called. I look to the Zone Leaders and see them holding up a tattered Envelope. It was crinkled and had been punctured during transportation. I looked at where it was from and it said: SAN ANTONIO TX. What in the World?!?
It was sent from an Elder in Texas. I wanted you to read it and maybe put it on the blog.

PLEASE READ THIS LETTER, I KNOW THAT YOU CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE’S LIFE.  (you never know when it will be)


November 11, 2013

Hey Elder Snell,

You are probably wondering either,  1) Who is this?  2) Why am I writing to you?  Or Both. Well, let me tell you. My full name is _____  ______ but for two years it is Elder _____. If you still don’t know who I am it is okay. I get that a lot. Quick background on me…. I am the one that had been dating _____ for sixteen plus moths. Now you probably know who I am. So now I have answered question one. Now, for question two.

I am writing to you in full gratitude. You were the one that brought me back to reactivity in this wonderful church. Now, you are probably thinking when this happened. You are probably wracking your brain right now trying to think of when this happened. It wasn’t a Big thing it was just something you did.  Now, let me tell you how and when you brought me back.

But first let me set the scene. All the way back when I was fourteen I stopped being active. The only reason I was active was because my parents forced me to go to church. I was only a body in a pew. ( I don’t know how to spell it). Don’t get me wrong I was always able to exercise my priesthood but I just wasn’t ever there, spiritually. Then the announcement came that our Stake was going to be doing “Savior of the World.” I was determined not to go. But I was tricked into doing auditions, or whatever they called them. I didn’t sing though. I got away with it. After the audition I wasn’t going to participate but one day changed that. I was leaving seminary one day and YOU came up to me. (I didn’t know you knew who I was) I knew who you were and I thought you were a really cool kid. Then you told me that you had seen that I was going to be a shepherd with you. After you told me that I said to myself, “Okay, you are going to do this.” At that moment I decided I was going to stick this play out.

You may think you coming up to me like that was nothing but it had long lasting effects. Because of your courage to come up to me and say that, I had an experience that turned my life in a complete 180 degrees. One day the Second Counselor in the Stake Presidency came to one of our practices when we were at the Regional Center. At the end of practice he wanted all of us to have the same experience that Peter, James and John had; to walk up to Jesus after he was resurrected. When it was my turn, I walked up and touched one hand and looked up into his face. I felt so horrible. I didn’t feel like I deserved to touch him. I quickly ran off the stage, went to the front row and just cried. At that moment I told myself “I am never going to feel like this again!” My life was going the wrong way. I had some friends that weren’t best examples. That experience turned my life around.

I am so grateful to you, Elder. You are the reason why I am experiencing the BEST moments of my Life. Without you there is no way I would have met the people I met, including ________. Without you I wouldn’t be serving a mission. Without you I wouldn’t be experiencing the true joy of the gospel. I thought I knew Joy but Gospel Joy, True Gospel Joy is far greater! You have saved my LIFE. Hopefully, this Thank You can suffice for now. I know you are and will be an amazing missionary because you are a Fantastic Person!

Love, Elder _______



TATTERED ENVELOPE


No comments:

Post a Comment