Monday, January 6, 2014

A Trip Down Humility Lane


So, I have learned that humility is like a cold pond on a windy winter day. yup! great stuff! So let me set the scene..............................
bluahbluahbluabhablubahblaubhablaubhubaubayybalybay (dream sequence effect)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     I was leap, leaping along until I came upon Elder Rowley's bike. Time to fix it, I thought to my self. thanks to the innertubes that mom and dad sent me for Christmas, I was able to fix that problem, but the one problem I couldn't fix was the axel to the wheel... it had been totally destroyed!!!! luckily, I was blessed with problem-solving skills and used the back tire of a junk bike outside our apartment. "HUZZAH" we both shouted after I had successfully played bike doctor on the old bike. We went exploring the next day to find trails we hadn't been on before and it was a cold windy day... that was our first mistake. the second was we hadn't been on these trails before.
     We rode up to a pond area to find that the rain from last night had made the puddle overflow and cover part of the trail we were biking on. You know me, guys.... Nothing can stop Elder Snell from getting where he wants to go! I examine the trail quickly and assume that there is only about five inches of water covering the path, no big deal. without even thinking twice, I start to bike through this little pond. I had gotten maybe five yards in and my feet started to get a little wet. this didn't bother me, but I failed to realize that my feet were getting wet because I was slowly going down hill. I continue as my arrogant self and suddenly my front tire sinks..... the water has covered my front tire and stopped me from progressing. like a sloth after being tired of hanging on too long, I fell off my bike... into four feet of water......sometimes as a missionary, you think you know what you are doing. you get super confident.. you know how I get. anyways, Heavenly father sure has a funny way of humbling his children. You get cocky and think you know the true path that you should go, but you figure out that you can't really too far with out his help........ by falling into a lake... that is feezing cold.... just to make it worse, its a cold windy winter day.... and you thought that it couldn't get worse.. You were WRONG! there was a guy walking his little boy in his stroller and he saw all of this. He couldn't stop laughing at me. I decided to accept the humiliation and make it so he was laughing with me! Elder Rowley wont let me live this moment down.
 
 
Anyways, I love you all. Please don't try to Bike across puddles without the Lords Help! We need Him!
 
Until next time,
~ Elder Snell -=ii=<{

No comments:

Post a Comment