Monday, July 21, 2014

The Star Spangled Baptism


JULY 7, 2014

 Alrighty then. The things that happened this week
 
     This week had Independence day in it! That day was fun! We went to the PERFECT spot to watch fireworks. Arlington Cemetery! We had the perfect view of having the Washington monument just off in the corner and fireworks right beside it. Oh, yeah. also, since we went with one of the other Elder's investigator, they brought TONS of food. It was EPIC!
 
     There was a Baptism on Saturday. That went pretty good. I volunteered to do a musical number, so I had an excuse to play my trumpet and sing to everyone that was there. That was fun. A Pakistani family was baptized and confirmed (the other Elder's Area) and I was asked to be part of the circle for the confirmation on Sunday! It was really cool seeing them change cultures in a way. Different, but cool.
 
     On Sunday, some of the priests were not showing up on time, so one of them comes up to Elder McInerny and me and asks us if we will fill in for the other priests that are coming. We agree and go up and sit there and wait. soon enough, the service starts and we are still up there. fifteen minutes in, one of the Jones boys comes in and takes Elder McInerny's spot. the first priest turns to me and says, "since you two got here last, you have the bread and Jones has the water." I was really excited to be able to bless the sacrament again! so I did! the only thing that went wrong was when I stood up, the bench behind us was a bit closer than I thought and I slammed it against the back wall.... :P oops... Way to go, Elder Snell.......
 
 
Sorry I don't have much else to tell you, but I have pictures that I am going to attach, and a picture is worth 1,000 words.
 
Love you guys!  -=iii=<{
 ~ Elder Zac Snell :)





No comments:

Post a Comment