Monday, July 21, 2014

What Did We Get Ourselves In To?


JULY 21, 2014     

Hey, guys! Once again, I send home my thoughts on this week. To start it off, I want to propose this question. When I was little I remember my Mom telling me that the crust of my PB&J sandwiches makes my hair grow faster. it was either the hair or nails... I am not positive, but I remember hearing that. Is this true? I am not allowed on Google, so I need your help to answer this one for me. ok. are we good?                                          Good.
 
     Next on the agenda, we have a special surprise that was granted to me. It was Monday morning and We were getting ready to go to the library to email. Suddenly, the phone rings.... dun dun dun!!!!!! I look at the phone and it says Riggs.
      "Oh, it must be the senior couple from the office," I thought to myself. I answered it and was stunned to hear the unmistakable voice of our mission president, President Riggs. He asked how I was doing and of course I told him GREAT, but deep down inside, I was a little uneasy.... President Riggs doesn't just call me... He never calls me. you can probably guess what else was going through my head like, What did I do wrong? Oh, I didn't look both ways before crossing the road and he drove by and saw me not look! AHHH!!! I am so dead!
     "Elder Snell," President Riggs voice became really serious now, "I have some bad news..." My heart sank to the bottom of my stomach then my stomach knotted its self and made sure my heart couldn't spring back up.
     "I'm dead for sure!" I thought to my self.
     "I want you to know that your Grandfather has bone cancer. It sounds pretty serious, so I am going to allow you to Skype your Grandfather so you can talk to him." I, doing my very best to mimic his voice of seriousness replied that I was glad to know about the situation and that I could Skype home. And the rest went as follows. It was great to see my Grandpa again. :) I love him so much. I loved going on walks around the block (with a leash attached to me) and going up to cheese park and flying a plane with him. Those are fond memories that I will cherish. His advice to me was to keep smiling, and do my best to serve my mission. I plan to do just that!
 
     The next coolest thing that happened was what happened on Saturday. As a Zone, we signed up for a 3v3 Street ball tournament. It was at one of the apartment complexes in our ward that was straight ghetto. It was a great turn out and we put up a fight. We had three teams that we submitted. Stripling Warriors (my team), Suit n' Ties, and The Guys That Pray. As soon as we saw who we were playing in the first round, I had to ask myself, what did we just get ourselves into?...... Of course, we were the only white kids to be seen within a mile radius and I only know how to say a few things in twee... even though we played our hearts out, we got SLAMMED! They were doing all sorts of crazy stuff there. note to self, never challenge a guy from the 'hood to a street ball tournament... We used this as a finding activity, which was super successful. The sisters had a lemonade stand going that was superb. We got a B.o.M given out to a guy named "street-to-street", the head honcho of all street-ballers out there. I did a sweet layup on a guy and he got all defensive because his teammates were freeking out that I scored on him. haha! another elder on my team slam dunked on another guy. it was then when they got serious. yeah.... we all lost. some worse than others, but we all walked off with a smile on our faces.
 
     Well, I love you all! Thanks for all the support I have received from each and every one of you! Pictures will be included!
 
~ Elder Zac Snell :)







No comments:

Post a Comment