Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Centre of the Mission

JUNE 29, 2015   

  Hola, my awesome subscribers! Thanks for committing yourself to
reading this week's email! So to begin, I would like to give a shout
out to Elder Babb for being an awesome companion in Alexandria. We had
fun and did great work. Sadly, it was time for me to leave the great
Alexandria 2nd ward, but I have been transferred over to another
awesome part of the mission. I am now in Centreville! The Centreville
2nd Ward to be exact. So the story behind it is quite interesting. The
Assistants called me in Alexandria and informed me that I would be
"finish training" a missionary. I excitedly accepted the assignment and
packed up all of my stuff to leave. When I arrived to transfers, I
learned that there were only 2 missionaries being "finish trained", so I
could only go to one of two places, Wakefield or Fort Belvoir. Seeing
that I have already served in Ft. Belvoir, I assumed that I would be
going to Wakefield. Transfers came around and I learned that there was
another missionary assigned to "finish train" in Wakefield. And it came
to pass that I began to be astonished. Hah. I was so confused... There
was no way that I would be sent back to Ft. Belvoir, so I was left in
a stump. At the meeting, they called my name and said I would go to
Centriville to be with Elder King. He had just been "finish trained", so
I guess I was just supposed to go to the trainers meeting for some
reason.... Oh well! We have an excellent ward!
     Elder King is from Oklahoma and loves to play guitar. He is a
stellar missionary and is passionate about the people that we teach. I
am really excited to serve with him.

     So on June 26th, it so happened to be a minor holiday......
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE ECLAIR DAY!!!!! On our way home that night, we biked
over to a 7-11 and I bought us some eclairs! They were superb. Here is
a picture of us eating them.



Elder Snell and Elder King

No comments:

Post a Comment