Thursday, July 2, 2015

There's A Storm A Brewin' Annie!

JUNE 22, 2015

   No, the title is not referring to the movie about an orphan girl, but to something much cooler than that..... Anyways, I didn't email last week due to the hectic schedule of getting a Zone Activity started and going. We wrapped up a little later than expected and by that time, we saw that we were out of time to email. So, please accept my apologies.

     Haha! So last Monday, we were just driving down Duke St. And we saw his dude just walking down the street! No hesitation or anything! He reminded me of the gambler dude in A Knight's Tale, if you know what I mean. *FacePalm* So rediculous! Hahaha! It was terrible.

     On a happier note, we had an awesome week! We had a lot happen. We had a lesson with a man from Nigeria and he came to church! He has a really high up apartment, so we asked if we could take pictures off the balcony and he decided to join us. Then he wanted to do a group photo! Haha! I love people! I will have to send it some time. I had to back up my iPad onto a Flashdrive, so it has all my photos from my mission beginning at the time I was in McLean to now. That picture happens to be on at flash drive.... Sorry.... But what I can do is send a picture of our Zone Activity! We played Beach Volleyball again and had a Long jump contest. Elder Babb won because he is pretty much a track star. Excellent form if I might add.

     This past Saturday, our ward had a carnival that the Relief Society put together. Hey asked he missionaries to have a part in it as well, so they asked if we knew how to do any random carnival talents. One of the Sisters knows how to make balloon animals, so she and her companion did that while Elder Babb and I rode Unicycles around. Of course it wouldn't be a party without a water fight, so the kids ended up breaking out into a huge water fight and the everyone decided that it would be funny to throw water at the missionaries in unicycles. We pedaled for our lives! When all was said and done, I was sort of wet and Elder Babb was definitely not wet at all. He hopped of the unicycle and ran while I kept on going. Good times. After the carnival, we headed back to work, but then we received a call about a tornado warning. Ahh! We booked it back to the apartment to safety and started calling everyone making sure they headed back inside. 'Twas an adventure for sure. I have a video during it, but it is too long to send. 

    That is my adventure! I love you all! Tune in next week!

   ~ Elder Zac Snell :)

Sent from my iPad

-=iii=<{

No comments:

Post a Comment