Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Pop...........BANG!!!

JULY 6TH, 2014

Sorta cliche title, but I know.... It's the Fourth of July. Is
week was pretty fun. Let me tell ya. I feel like it was thanksgiving
because of how much food we ate over the weekend. We had two dinners
on Saturday. An investigator called us and asked if we wanted to go
over to his Grandma's home and cook up some Korean BBQ. Mmmmm! Super
delicious. He is a really good cook too, so we practically ate like
kings. When we finished that, it was about 1630, so we were taken back
to our house and picked up five minutes later to go to a dinner at the
Brown's house. They had super delicious Turkey burgers! By the time
dinner was over, I was so stuffed! We went back to our apartment and
tried to figure out what to do for the 4th, so I called the Zone
Leaders and they can and picked us up and took us to a battle field in
Manassas. At was really cool and touching at the same time. Sounded
like a war from the past. I will attach a video.

     The work in this area has been a little different from past
areas. Here, we are doing a lot of checking up on recent converts and
Less Active members a lot. Oh! Speaking about that, we were at church
yesterday and we walked into priesthood opening exercises and there
was a guy there who didn't look familiar. He sitting next to our Ward
Mission Leader, so we assumed that it was a friend of his, but we went
up and asked him if he was a member and he said no. He e proceeded to
tell us that his son is a member and he and his wife are looking to be
baptized sometime soon. His wife has taken the missionary lessons
already and all he needs to do is listen... WHERE DID THESE PEOPLE
COME FROM?! Turns out that they lived in Falls Church and they had he
missionaries over often and now they are moving to Centreville and
want to be baptized. This is the part where I looked up and said
"Thank You!" His name is Erick. We haven't met with him yet, but we
will soon. I will keep you updated on him.

     That's it for this week! Thanks for reading! I hope you all had
an epic 4th of July! I know I did! See you next time!

     ~ Elder Zac Snell :)





No comments:

Post a Comment