Monday, August 31, 2015

FINDING FURY

     Welcome to the awesome dictation of Elder Snell's email! This week was pretty cool. I don't know if I have a whole bunch of stories but I think I will do my best to tell you what happened. OK let's start!

     So the first thing that pops on mind is about the finding best! It was actually called the finding fury because we wanted to get an awesome alliteration that was totally non-cliché! Elder Jones's idea. Here's what happened, we took the entire zone and we split them into different areas and different companions, so I went with Elder Snow to Vint Hill.  Knocked on these HUGE houses and people sometimes answer the door, but I think that we did a really good job. That is his Asian man who talked us for a little bit but politely told us to go away but you could understanding is really trying to get out. There's just a ton of tracting. We went finding for about nine hours straight! The only thing that made this bearable was the fact that we were switching companions and areas every two or so hours. Our goal as a zone was to collect 188 return appointments. We did OK. We ended up with about 73. I thought of Caden when I heard that number. Haha! That was fun. Oh! I was also able to use some Twi!! We found some Ghanaian in this Hispanic neighborhood and it made my day!


     Another really cool thing that happened was on Sunday. There were five kids being baptized and one of them has a less active father who doesn't hold the priesthood yet, so he would not be able to baptize his daughter. So I get a call from Sister Suarez informing me that her daughter asked if I would baptize her on Sunday. I was shocked and humbled at their request, so I accepted the invitation. That was an awesome experience. Her name is Mia. She remembered us from a couple weeks ago when we came to teach her about baptism and the story goes from there. The baptism went very smoothly and the chapel was packed to the brim for those five kids. Definitely a day to remember. :)


     Not much else happened this week, but I hope you enjoyed the stories that came from this week's adventure! I love you all and thank you for all the support I receive. I promise it doesn't go unappreciated.

     One final thing.......... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEXIE!!! I hope you had a stellar one! I will give you a big birthday hug soon! Love you!

~ Elder Zac Snell :)

Sent from my iPad

-=iii=<{


Mia & Elder Snell

No comments:

Post a Comment