Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sitting On The Bench

August 3, 2015 


   This week was a pretty average week.... Well, I type that and instantly flashes through my mind all the awesome stuff that actually happened. Haha! I will start with Tuesday's rain storm. We were walking over to Brother Wolford's house to return his shovel and we remember to bring an umbrella and jacket for the walk because he clouds look a little grey. Suddenly, we start to feel rain drops. Not two minutes later, it felt like we were walking through a Hurricane. I didn't bring my rain jacket because I had an umbrella, but Elder King had one. Here we were, two missionaries trudging through what felt like a waterfall, with shovels in our hands. He world was only left to question what in tarnation we planned on doing. I was huddled under my umbrella and felt like a boss battling the wind and rain with my trusty semi-water-resistant deflection shield, while Elder King had his epic body suit which quenched the icy blows of the storm. Eventually, after walking a mile or so, a member drove by and insisted on picking us up to take us to the Wolford's house. 

     We had a bunch of lessons at Hector's "House." He always wants to meet at the bench in front of his house. We had some great lessons. It was at the bench when he told us that he was getting kicked out of his house. The lady he is renting from got really mad a him and decided to kick him out. He had until Friday to figure out where to go or else he was sleeping in the streets. One of the saddest phone calls I have ever received was, "well guys, you will find me under the nearest by bridge." My heart about melted. The moment Hector told us this, we knew it was time to fast. So the next day we fasted for him. Fasting has increased! Let me explain why. Come Saturday, we were looking for Hector. We went to his "house" and asked the lady if he knew she knew where he was. She said that he was upstairs napping but she will go wake him up. Was surprising her eyes met him again at the bench. We talk to him and he said that she feel sorry for him and will give him a second chance. Talk about a miracle! No one can tell me the fasting does not work it should be for a righteous cause. We were really relieved! He is scheduled to be baptized on August 15! We cannot wait!

     Transfers of this week, so going to happen! I will see you in the end of this week. This week should be insane! I have a departing Temple interview trip thinking. Since this will be my last transfer I need to go to the temple with all the other missionaries to end soon. Should be fun. Ha ha, I am so excited for this week! You should be excited for the next email.

     Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it. Tune in next time for awesomeness!

     ~ Elder Zac Snell

Sent from my iPad
-=iii=<{







No comments:

Post a Comment