Monday, October 14, 2013

Gong-Ye-Tam-Pi!!!!!

     HAHAHAHA I think the only people that will understand the title of the Email is Caden and Jake. Anyways, I am loving this place! It has been so fun biking everywhere and talking to all the missionaries that have been out here for a year. My companion is the District Leader...... AGAIN!!!! I don't know what God is trying to tell me, but I will roll with it because I know that he has the big road map to success and all I have to do is trust his directions that he gives me. ^^

     So, you would think that I would be able to show up to my mission and just be able to talk to people at their doorstep with confidence and be able to tie in a gospel principle while casually talking about their plants/dog/family/job/sport interests/oddly colored hair/awesome accent, but that isn't the case... The first door I knocked, I was grateful to have it be a really nice person that would listen to me stammer on about how the gospel of Jesus Christ is the pathway back to our Heavenly Father. Halfway through my speech, the familiar "no speak English" comes up and they shut the door..... *sigh* Yeah, Missionary Tracting life is tough. On behalf of my downheartedness of getting the door shut in my face and me beating myself up knowing I could do better, my companion came up with a "fun" game. At least, that is what he called it... The game was called, "Lets Have Elder Snell Knock Doors Until He Gets Someone To Listen To Him. Then When That Happens, He Will Do It For The Rest Of The Night". *Sarcastic 'Yay!!!!!'* So guess what! I am now a total Boss at Knocking doors!!! HAHA Even though the process wasn't that fun, It was totally worth it. Of course I got tired of my companion saying: "So what did we learn from that?" or "What could you have done better?" Yeah, we had fun.

    Jake, you were wondering why you had the urge to go up and bare your testimony in church today. I have the answer. I DID TOO!!! My church was at 9:00 which for your time is around 7. I bore my testimony and you knew it deep down inside of you. Heavenly Father wont let our deal die down, just letting you know. You thought you had escaped the Grips of having to bare your testimony, but you are DEAD wrong!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!!

     I have loved getting letters from all of you and hearing about what life back home is like. Can somebody please convince Caden to wear his Hot dog costume for Halloween and send me a video of him doing his "I'm a Hot dog" Dance. Also, spread the word to all my trumpets I love them all and they better not disappoint at Davis Cup!!!!1(yes, that is a 1 at the end of exclamation points;)

      I love you all!!!! Hymn #252

This is Elder Snell, Leaving the Building! -=iii=<{






I asked for a picture of him with his badge on and this is what I got. Yup! glad he is getting in the Groove and comfortable :)






No comments:

Post a Comment