Monday, October 21, 2013

SALSA!!!!

SALSA!!!


That was the first thing that came to mind when I read the word: Subject. I just wanted you all to know.
So the mission life caries on! Dun Dun Dun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have loved every minute of it! sure it gets tough and you sometimes have to eat fish and stuff or talk to a super awkward families and experience miracles and get boo'd of the door step and sometimes you run into someone with an awesome turbin on their head.
sadly only a few of these came to be, but I shall elaborate.
The missionary life is one of a glutton. haha! You eat what ever is put on your plate and you pick every last crumb off the plate. I cant tell you how I managed to shove 4 baked potatos in my mouth and into my stomach after a huge meal. The family just kept putting them on my plate! I cant stand baked potatos... especially when they aren't even cooked! On the bright side, I did gain about 3 lbs since I have left! ahahahaha! Take that biggest loser! Now I am the biggest gainer! now you get to watch skinny people eat instead of watching overweight people work out! :P
So there is this missionary from Canada and, as Ally Brough would say, he is a hoot and a half! last Monday was not only UEA, but it was also Canadian Thanksgiving! so, we all got together at the church, played basket ball and ate all of your classic thanksgiving stuff! only one thing was added. Putine! I probably spelled it wrong and smelled it wrong, but i definitely didn't taste it wrong! It was french fries covered in cheese covered in gravy. Yeah, that's right, Jake. I just ate one of your dreams!
2nd Timothy 1:7-8
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord.
I have shared this scripture a couple times as a spiritual thought for when we teach members. I now extend the same challenge to all of you.
You all heard the prophet tell us that the members need to actively participate in missionary work! So do it! I challenge you to not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord! Share the truths that are crucial to understand to obtain celestial glory! There are people out there who don't understand what we have waiting for us!
How Great, the Call of the Chosen!
We are they who have been chosen to save! We have been called and answered full heartedly. We have been called to help others endure. We have been chosen to bring a light and a happiness to those who dwell in darkness and sorrow. We are angels sent from God. We find those who are seeking. We lift those who are falling. We lighten those who are burdened. We are they who after having done their part, turn back and carry those who's all is not enough. We are the Suppliers of Grace, the Bringers of Truth, the Givers of Glory to God!
How Great, the Call of the Chosen!
I love you all! thanks for all the support you have given me and love you have shown!
Until Next Monday,
~ Elder Zac Snell ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment